Monday 15 June 2009

I am still listening...

Back again from nowhere-land. Mmm...I have even forgot the password to this place.

During the time I was away, nothing much happened, nothing much changed, except that I had, finally, got my I-Pod classic 120GB, which has not yet radically changed my music-listening behaviour, only a little, perhaps.

But if I had not got it, I wouldn't have been listening to Mazzy Star since last week. It rekindled my love for the band, which I have ignored for some time.

I have to admit that I've only got one and only one of their albums, and what is its title? Ah, got it from the I-Pod, "She Hangs Brightly", not even their most popular album. I wanted some of their albums before, but just like many other records (or any other things) that I wanted before, after a while I've forgot my expired desire. Now they are again on my want list.

Needless to say, one of the charm is the beautiful singing rendered by the beautiful voice of Hope(sorry for the poor vocab ability), cool and aloof, natural with ease, unlike some other obviously good singing.

For "She Hangs Brightly", when I listened to it, I often only indulged in the first few songs which are most catchy and I favoured them, hence often could not get past the ghostly "She Hangs Brightly", and I easily put those records in which not more than 80% of songs I loved on the shelf. Only now I find I could listen through the whole record over and over.

Wanted just to write 2 words. Hope this wouldn't ruin my health.

No comments: